Human rights groups have criticised the Saudi-led coalition for its use of so-called “double-tap” attacks – in which a second bomb is dropped a few minutes after the first, targeting civilians and emergency responders who have rushed to the site of the first explosion. One such staggered attack on 8 October 2016 hit a funeral in Sana’a, … Continue reading British-advised Saudi airforce use ‘double tapping’ bombing to hit emergency responders as well as initial victims
UK-backed Saudi airforce has conducted a “terror bombing” campaign in Saada, targeting all civilian infrastructure – US expert
Michael Knights, a Gulf military expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, has made two visits since the war began to the Saudi airbase at Khamis Mushayt, near the border with Yemen. Planes from this base, he told me, had waged an “out-and-out coercive air campaign” of “terror bombing” over the city of Saada in … Continue reading UK-backed Saudi airforce has conducted a “terror bombing” campaign in Saada, targeting all civilian infrastructure – US expert
Proportion of strikes against civilians has doubled in two years
According to Larry Lewis, a former US State Department official who was sent to Saudi Arabia in 2015 in an attempt to reduce civilian harm, the proportion of strikes against civilians by Saudi-led forces almost doubled between 2017 and 2018.
The US-UK backed Saudi airforce has “targetted civilians…in a widespread and systematic manner” according to leaked UN report.
The Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthi rebel movement in Yemen has targeted civilians with air strikes in a "widespread and systematic" manner, a leaked UN report says. The UN panel of experts said civilians were also being deliberately starved as a war tactic over the past nine months. The panel called for an inquiry into … Continue reading The US-UK backed Saudi airforce has “targetted civilians…in a widespread and systematic manner” according to leaked UN report.
New report details deliberate targeting of food supplies by US-UK-backed coalition bombing Yemen
Source: World Peace Foundation New Report Documents “Strategies of the Coalition in the Yemen War” Report by Martha Mundy distributed by the World Peace Foundation documents patterns of Coalition targeting of civilian, agricultural and fishing sites. Boston, MA – October 9, 2018 – The World Peace Foundation at The Fletcher School (Tufts University) has published a report … Continue reading New report details deliberate targeting of food supplies by US-UK-backed coalition bombing Yemen
Washington Post publish Op-Ed by Houthi leader
The Washington Post published on Friday the following article by the head of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammad Ali Al-Houthi. “We Want Peace for Yemen, But Saudi Airstrikes Must Stop” The continued escalation of attacks against the port city of Hodeida in Yemen by the U.S.-Saudi-Emirati coalition confirms that the American calls for a cease-fire … Continue reading Washington Post publish Op-Ed by Houthi leader
US Pentagon approves additional secret involvement in Yemen war
Source: Yahoo news WASHINGTON, D.C. — Even as the humanitarian crisis precipitated by Saudi Arabia’s more-than-three-year war in Yemen has deepened, the Pentagon earlier this year launched a new classified operation to support the kingdom’s military operations there, according to a Defense Department document that appears to have been posted online inadvertently. The existence of the … Continue reading US Pentagon approves additional secret involvement in Yemen war
New US-UK-supported offensive on Hodeidah threatens to plunge 14 million into famine
Source: Reuters Yemeni forces backed by the Saudi-led coalition launched on Friday a "vast offensive" to take full control of the port city of Hodeidah, the internationally recognised government based in the southern city of Aden said. The announcement came as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) warned that many people remained trapped … Continue reading New US-UK-supported offensive on Hodeidah threatens to plunge 14 million into famine
Yemen death toll five times higher than previous estimate, researchers say
At least 56,000 people have been killed in armed violence in Yemen since January 2016, independent research group finds Source: Middle East Eye At least 56,000 people have been killed in armed violence in Yemen since January 2016, according to data collected by an independent research group, a tally that is more than five … Continue reading Yemen death toll five times higher than previous estimate, researchers say
Anti-Yemen coalition about to destroy UNESCO world heritage site of Zabid?
Source: Gulf daily news A picture taken on February 24, 2018, shows a view of the ancient city of Zabid, a UNESCO World Heritage Site currently on the list of World Heritage in danger, in Yemen's western Hodeidah province. (AFP / ABDO HYDER) Residents and international organisations fear the coalition's warplanes may hit the town … Continue reading Anti-Yemen coalition about to destroy UNESCO world heritage site of Zabid?